SOILS FOR LIFE & LLS WESTERN FIELD DAY YOUR TRUE WEALTH LIES IN YOUR GRASS NOT YOUR ANIMALS
Soils for Life,Local Land Services Western Region (LLS) and property owner, Angus Whyte hosted the second field day on one of our Western Division Resilient Landscape Project case study properties, Wyndham Station.
Gus presented how working with nature and ensuring that the land consistently improves has produced an increased carrying capacity and quality products on Wyndham Station. Guest speaker, Nigel Kerin led discussion on topic areas including:
- We are grass sellers, not livestock producers
- The people cost of not being in control of your income
- The balance between breeding and trading livestock
- The cost of not matching stocking rate to carrying capacity
- Returns per hectare versus returns per head
- "It's hard to be in the black if you are not in the green"
Learn more about the Soils for Life/Rotary Club of Sydney Western Division Resilient Landscapes Project...
Read the Wyndham Station case study A motivation for long term landscape resilience...