Managing rainfall - when a good dam is a dry one
This day was hosted by Charlie and Anne Maslin on their inspirational property Gunningrah, just north of Bombala. Planned grazing and an intelligent understanding of how rainfall interacts with the landscape have delivered wonderful environmental and production benefits on this property. The day focused on grazing management, soil hydrology and stream management.
- PROGRAM:Presenters included:
- MAJGEN Michael Jeffery - keynote address
- Charlie Maslin - the Gunningrah story
- Charlie Massy - key findings from his research on adapting farming practices to change
- Stuart Burge - managing for better water infiltration and improving soil organic matter
- Cam Wilson - stream management, drawing from Natural Sequence Farming techniques
and the day included informative paddock site visits
This event was supported by the Snowy River Interstate Landcare Committee.