MANAGING RAINFALL FOR PRODUCTION OUTCOMES
Hosted by Soils for Life case study participants Shane and Shan Joyce of Dukes Plain near Theodore, QLD. This field day demonstrated the Joyce's experiences and production outcomes with a focus on holding water in soil and the interaction of grass, trees and soil water.
- The day included presentations by:
- Alasdair McLeod, Soils for Life Board Member
- Shane Joyce, Dukes Plain owner - property presentation
- Terry McCosker, Director, RCS - 'Grazing management leading to better water outcomes'
- David McLean, General Manager & Teacher, RCS - 'Why blade ploughing lost money on Dukes Plain'
- Joanna Gangemi, Fitzory Basin Association (FBA) - FBA grazing best management practice program
- and a short talk by Ben O'Hara on the work of the Queensland Trust for Nature
Read the case study, "Delivering continuous improvement of the farming resource" and Shane's Q&Afrom the recent Soil Health Webinar.